IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the recruitment of eligible and dynamic candidates for the post of Clerk. IBPS Clerk Exam is that it a 2 tier process comprising of Prelims and the Main Online Exam. No interview is held for selection to this post. The IBPS Clerk Recruitment is done on the basis of state and union territory where candidates have to apply for the vacancy in one of the states or union territories while filling up the online application forms.
Update: IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 is released on 01st September 2020, the online application link is active from 2nd to 23rd September 2020.
This year 11 banks are participating in IBPS 2020-21 Recruitment Process for 1557 vacancies (the vacancy is likely to increase). For further information regarding the distribution of vacancies, exam pattern, important dates, salary, etc., aspirants can get all the information on this page. A no. of changes have taken place for IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam. One of the changes is that PET might not be held this year due to COVID 19 to ensure the safety of the candidates.
IBPS Clerk 2020: Highlights
Check the important points of IBPS Clerk 2020 in the table given below:
|Name of the exam
|IBPS Clerks 2020
|IBPS – Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
|Govt. Job 2020
|01st September 2020
|Language of Questions
|Bilingual except for the English Language
|Nature of Questions
|Multiple Choice Question (MCQ’s)
|Stage of IBPS Clerk Exam
IBPS Clerk 2020 Notification PDF
The official notification for the IBPS Clerk 2020 exam was released on 01st September 2020 on the official site of IBPS which is www.ibps.in. The IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam will be conducted on 05th, 12th, and 13th December 2020 in various exam centers. The Exam for IBPS Clerk will be held in online mode only. The selection process comprises of two stages:
- IBPS Clerk Prelims
- IBPS Clerk Mains
Appearing for the IBPS Clerk gives an opportunity to those candidates who could not be successful in the SBI Clerk Exam. By going through this article you can prepare well in advance to appear for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2020-21.
IBPS Clerk 2020: Important Dates
Candidates must note the Application Date, Exam Dates, and Last dates regarding IBPS Clerk 2020.
|IBPS Clerk 2020-21: Important Dates
|IBPS Clerk Events
|IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 Release Date
|01st September 2020
|IBPS Clerk Online Application Starts From
|02nd September 2020
|IBPS Clerk Online Application Ends On
|23rd September 2020
|The download of call letters for IBPS Clerk Pre- Exam Training
|17th November 2020 onwards
|IBPS Clerk Online Pre-Exam Training Date
|23rd to 28th November 2020
|The download of call letters for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
|18th November 2020
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Date
|05th, 12th, and 13th
|Result of IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam
|31 December 2020
|The download of Call letter for Online Exam – Main
|12 January 2021
|Conduct of Online Examination – Main
|24th January 2021
|Declaration of Final Result
|1st April 2021
IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following are the criteria for educational qualification and Age Limit as per IBPS Clerk Notification.
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet/ Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/ she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while applying online.
- Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have a Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in computer operations/ Language/ should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/ College/ Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/ UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/ UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculated Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 09.10.2020. Such certificates should be dated on or before 09.10.2020.
Age Limit (As on 01st September 2020)
- Minimum age limit: 20 years
- Maximum age limit: 28 years
- A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1992 and no later than 01.09.2020 (both dates inclusive)
Age Relaxation: As per IBPS Rules
Relaxation of Upper Age limit:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Persons With Disability
|The actual period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
|Widows Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried
|Persons affected by 1984 riots
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)
IBPS Clerk 2020 Application Fee
The category wise fee structure for the IBPS Clerk Online application form is given below. The application fee must be paid online.
|Rs.175/- (inclusive of GST)
|General and Others
|Rs. 850/- (inclusive of GST)
Please note that the Fee/Intimation charges will not be refunded once paid nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
IBPS Clerk 2020: How To Apply Online?
The IBPS Clerk Application Form is applied in two parts:
Below are the steps to apply for IBPS Clerk 2020.
- Click the given link to Apply Online for IBPS Clerk 2020
- Register using personal credentials, Phone number and email ID
- Fill in the personal details and contact details to complete registration.
- After successful registration, you will receive a registration ID and Password
- Login with registration ID and Password and Verify using Captcha
- Click the Login Button and fill the details and complete the application form.
- Pay the required application fee online.
- Save the completed application form and keep it for future reference
Candidates must be vigilant about the starting date of application and must ensure completion of the application before the last date. Only a complete application is required to submit the IBPS Clerk Online form 2020.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Application Link
The link for IBPS Clerk Online Application Form 2020 is active from 02nd September 2020. It is advisable to keep a valid e-mail id and contact no. till the time of the final selection for further correspondence.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Participating Banks
This year 11 banking institutes are taking part in the IBPS Clerk recruitment 2020. The following banks are participating in the IBPS Clerk 2020 Recruitment Process.
Bank of Baroda
Indian Overseas Bank
Bank of India
Central Bank of India
Punjab National Bank
Union Bank of India
Bank of Maharashtra
Punjab & Sind Bank
IBPS Clerk 2020 Vacancy Details
IBPS releases 1557 vacancies for IBPS Clerk 2020 for clerk posts in the bank. Check the state-wise tentative vacancies in the table below.
- IBPS Clerk 2020 Vacancy: 1557, the vacancy is likely to be increased.
- IBPS Clerk 2019-20, the no. of vacancies was 12075.
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli/Daman & Diu
|Jammu and Kashmir
IBPS Clerk 2020 Selection Process
No interview process is required for the selection of the post of Clerk. 100% weightage is given to the result of the mains exam result. Candidates who will qualify in Online Preliminary Examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Online Main Examination. This Examination system of IBPS comprises of Common Recruitment Process- Online Preliminary & Online Main Examination.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk Exam will be held in two stages: Prelims and Mains. The IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern is given below. The Prelims Exam will be of 100 marks of 1-hour duration while the Mains Exam will be 200 marks of 160 minutes.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
|IBPS Clerk Exam Stage
|Number of Questions
|2 Hr.40 Minutes
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern: Highlights
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer in both Preliminary and Main Examination for which there is a penalty of ¼ or 0.25 of the marks assigned to the particular question.
- IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions in both Mains and Prelims.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
IBPS Clerk 2020: Syllabus
Generally, the bank examination comprises quantitative aptitude, reasoning, and English for the preliminary exam. The mains examination will have general knowledge topics and computer knowledge topics, besides quantitative, reasoning, and English. Another important particular about the IBPS Clerk notification is the Exam Pattern. The Exam pattern will give the candidate an idea about the type of questions. sections and marks distribution and scheme.
To check the detailed IBPS Clerk Syllabus & Exam Pattern, check the given link:
IBPS Clerk Salary
The minimum Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765 while the maximum is Rs 31540. Details of Salary, Growth, and Promotion are described. Check the given link.
IBPS Clerk Admit Card
The admit card for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam will be released 10 days before the exam date. The Amit card for IBPS Clerk is released separately for the Prelims and the Mains Exam. The updates regarding the Admit card will be provided too.
IBPS Clerk Pre-Exam Training
IBPS arranges a pre-examination training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates at certain centers. The provision of availing the training is there for all the candidates. This may be done by indicating the same against the relevant column while applying online. Below is the list of centers for Pre-exam training:
North Zone Centers: Agra | Allahabad | Amritsar | Bareilly | Chandigarh | Dehradun | Gorakhpur | Jammu | Kanpur | Karnal | Lucknow | Ludhiana | New Delhi | Patiala | Rohtak | Shimla | Varanasi
South Zone Centers: Bengaluru | Chennai | Coimbatore | Gulbarga | Hyderabad | Kavaratti | Kochi | Madurai | Mangalore | Mysore | Port Blair | Puducherry | Thiruchirapalli | Thiruvananthapuram | Vijaywada | Vishakhapatnam
East Zone Centers: Agartala | Balasore | Behrampur (Ganjam) | Bhubaneshwar | Dhanbad | Guwahati | Hubli | Kolkata | Muzaffarpur | Patna | Ranchi | Sambalpur | Shillong | Siliguri | Tirupati
West Zone Centers: Ahmedabad | Aurangabad | Bhopal | Indore | Jabalpur | Jaipur | Jodhpur | Mumbai | Nagpur | Panaji (Goa) | Pune | Raipur | Rajkot | Vadodara
Candidates who select pre-examination training should download their call letter for training by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth from the Bank’s website.
IBPS Clerk Result 2020
The IBPS Clerk Result is released separately for each of the stages of the Exam. The final state-wise merit list and category wise merit list shall be prepared in descending order of the marks secured by candidates in their online mains examination. Candidates who fall in the prescribed merit list will then be considered for appointment for the post of clerk in Banks.
IBPS Clerk Cut Off
The IBPS Clerk Cut Off is an important guide to the candidates, that will decide the final selection of the candidate in the exam. The cut off will be out along with the exam result. However, cut-off can be predicted from the previous year’s exams.
The exam dates and admits card details are given above. Candidates are requested to stay updated with the website for the latest notifications.